As migrants ‘relatively’ new on the scene as of Wireless, this product has been able to suck up a lot of attention and already many are relying on these products for the wireless link distance 0-10km.
For a moment let’s dismantle the device used Nanostations2 Ubiquity.
This specification of Nanostations2 or better known as NS2:
* The Ultimate 2.4GHz CPE for the Global WISP Community
* Featuring Adaptive Antenna Polarity (AAP) Technology
The device Designed to advance the Global Wireless ISP industry to the next level. Featuring a compact indoor / outdoor design and an interface so intuitive even the most Technically challenged cans instantly changed from experts. But, do not be fooled, it is as powerful as it is simple.
Some Nanostation packs phenomenal performance with a revolutionary design combining a hi-gain 4 antenna system, advanced radio architecture, and highly researched and developed firmware technology allowing throughput, stability, and capacity performance rivaling even the highest-end WiMax networks.
* Processor Specs Atheros AR2316 SOC, MIPS 4KC, 180MHz
* Memory Information 16MB SDRAM, 4MB Flash
* Networking Interface 1 X 10/100 BASE-TX (Cat. 5, RJ-45) Ethernet Interface
* Wireless Approvals FCC Part 15,247, IC RS210
* RoHS Compliance Yes
* TX Power 26dBm, + /-2dB
* RX Sensitivity-97dBm + /-2dB
* Antenna Integrated 10dBi Dual Pol + External SMA
* Outdoor Range over 15km
* TCP / IP Throughput 25Mbps +
* Max power consumption 5 Watts
* Power Supply 12V, 1A (12 Watts). Supply and injector Included
* Power Method Passive Power over Ethernet
Now with the power of 26dBm or 400mW and antennas flats which have become unity in the body, NS2 on paper recommended for distance d and with an additional 5km 24dBi external antenna can be kicked until 15km. (That’s on paper) words that have the factory that way. But I still only recommend the default antenna to a distance of 3km and P2P with P2P 24dBi grid antennas can be used for the 10km distance. Instead of anything because of the distance my newly implemented in the field and achieve a good result. More than that … ane have not tau. Well if there are already more than that implementation should be shared here.